The end of an era...
Where we left off...
I left off with the prepration of a rant.. We had just been yelled at and complained to by a private boat in Galaxhidi, for being unsporting, arrogant, and selfish. My favourite part of this is that the private boat that yelled at us:
- Knew we were going to a small harbour the next day, left after us in the morning and arrived after us evening, only to complain that we had filled the harbour...
- We proceeded to help moor them up, along with about 5 other private boats, including a large fishing boat; and the remaining 5 of our fleet that had not arrived yet.
- We helped uncross their anchor when they got it stuck with another private boat.
- Constantly complained to us about the horrible things we had done, and never thanked us for any of the help we provided.
- Whistled at me, trying to get my attention like I am a dog...
I am glad all that is over!
We left Galaxhidi and continued our flotilla taking all 12 boats back to Gouvia Marina on Corfu Island.
Once we said goodbye to our customers for the last time, we lifted the boats (about 150) out of the water, and put them to rest for winter.
We also spent lot of time enjoying the company of other staff members that we had not seen since May.
And finally said goodbye to what we called home for most of the year.... It's only about 20 m2.
Resuming the Travel
Our first stop on the resumption of travel is Venice.
Fantastic, a few others from work joined us, so we got an apartment for a couple of days in the middle.
Getting lost in the streets, riding the Gondolas with Processco, drinking numerous bottles of Italian wine, and most importantly not eating Greek food!!! Pizza + Pasta, wow we have missed you.
It was perfect for all of us, the girls went shopping, and the boys went to an awesome local bar that spoke no english and clearly was not a "tourist trap".
The only problem was that it was about 15 °C colder than Greece... here comes winter.
Awesome few days relaxing, then we had to head back to London so Stacey can get a new Passport (it was due to expire soon).
Back to London, where nothing is free (or cheap for that matter).
Staying with Amy, we made the most of our 4th time in London.
- New Passport
- Museum of Natural History
- Harrods, possibly the most ridiculous shop in the world
- Madame Tussauds wax museum
- Bangers and Mash!
- Winter Wonderland Christmas markets
- English Ale in about 9 differnt Pubs, but didn't make it to the Slug.
- Double Decker busses
- Watch live Maori All Blacks + Black Ferns both win!
Here are the token wax museum photos... Justin Beiber had a really long line, so the best we could do...
Next, off to Scotland and Ireland!
Tim + Stacey